BOHOL, November 28 (PIA) – Department of Health (DOH) revealed today in Bohol that a new district hospital in Loon town will be constructed soon after its own facility was totally damaged during the 7.2 magnitude earthquake that shook Bohol on October 15.
DOH secretary Enrique Ona, in an interview with media prior to President Benigno Aquino’s arrival at the Bohol Tropics today said, the Loon town hospital will get its funds from the combined budget of DOH and Loon local government unit.
Ona added, some P163M is the proposed budget for totally and partially damaged hospitals in Bohol while some P289M has been set aside for proposed budget to repair/rehab all damaged health facilities in Bohol.
The health secretary also said, there are no shortage of medicines in Bohol amid order to double pre-allocated health support to provincial medicines and vaccines.
Ona further said that so far, there are no reports of emerging health outbreaks in evacuation centers in Bohol.
Ona is one of the nine (9) secretaries that accompanied President Benigno Aquino in his visit to Bohol today, November 28. (mbcn/PIA7)