Federalism summits kick-off in region 2

  • May 10, 2017
  • Oliver T. Baccay and Merlito Edale, Jr.

TUGUEGARAO CITY, Cagayan, May 10 (PIA) – The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) task team on federalism, in its effort to conduct massive information drive on the benefits of federalism as a form of government, recently conducted two federalism provincial summits here last May 8 and in Cauayan City, Isabela last May 9, 2017.

 

Undersecretary Atty. Emily O. Padilla said the federal form of government will allow positive change to the country as it is seen as the ultimate resort towards the attainment of lasting peace and progress in the communities.

 

“Through the federal form of government, you will be given autonomy to implement policies and programs that will propel your economy and improve your people’s living status,” Padilla said during the first federalism summit here.

 

She said through federalism, corruption will be eliminated and 80 percent of the income of the federal state will be allocated for its own development programs while the remaining 20 percent will be downloaded to the national.

 

Padilla said federalism is an implementing mechanism to address the concerns of ending corruption and enhancing services, ending the drug problem and criminality.

 

She also said federalism will not promote division rather it consolidates and strengths the country’s capabilities to cope with the challenges of times and create a more resilient and developed Filipino citizenry.

 

The undersecretary urged everyone to help the administration in its campaign for federalism. Let us all be part of the legacy, she said.

 

Since August 2016, the DILG already visited 36 provinces to include the summits here and in Isabela. (ALM/MDCT/OTB/PIA-Cagayan)


Other News

President Duterte arrives in Russia for official visit
  • May 24, 2017
MOSCOW, Russia, May 24 -- President Rodrigo Roa Duterte arrived here on Monday, May 22, for a four-day official visit which aims to further strengthen bilateral relations with Russia. The plane carrying President Duterte and his official delegation touched down at Vnukovo International Airport at 11:18 p.m. (Moscow time). Moscow is five hours behind Manila. The President was accompanied by Cabinet members led by Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez, Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre, Agriculture Secret...Read more
Avail of DOLE’s job facilitation services
  • May 24, 2017
MANILA, May 24 -- Labor Secretary Silvestre H. Bello III encouraged jobseekers anew to make full use of the government’s employment facilitation services to ease unemployment and underemployment in the country. “We are bringing employment facilitation services closer to the public. Jobseekers may browse PhilJobNet, search for vacancies, and conveniently apply online. They may also look up the job fair schedules posted at the online portal and personally go to the job fairs in their areas,” Bello said.    PhilJobNet is the internet-based job and applicant matching system of the D...Read more
DPWH to complete P114-M bypass road project in Iloilo this year
  • May 24, 2017
MANILA, May 24 -- A new by-pass road would soon be serviceable to lessen the traffic congestion within the highly urbanized roads of Iloilo City, providing more convenient trip for local residents and tourists. The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Regional Office 6 is presently undertaking the construction of four lanes Nabitasan – San Rafael Bypass Road in the amount of P114.461-million to shorten the travel time from Iloilo City downtown area to Benigno S. Aquino, Jr. Avenue by ten (10) to fifteen (15) minutes. The project involves the construction of 834 lineal meters...Read more
DSWD allocates additional P1B for the twice-a-day feeding program for daycare children
  • May 24, 2017
 QUEZON CITY, May 24, (PIA) – The government through the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has allocated an additional P1 B for the pilot implementation of twice-a-day feeding program for daycare (DC) children in 450 local government units (LGUs) nationwide through its Supplementary Feeding Program (SFP).    DSWD regularly implements a 120-day feeding program which provides hot meals once a day in all LGUs nationwide to ensure that daycare children are able to consume nutritious food for their well-being. Under the regular SFP, hot meals are provided to children en...Read more