President Duterte to Filipinos: Remain vigilant as gov't restores public order in Mindanao

  • June 19, 2017

BUTUAN CITY, June 19 -- President Rodrigo Duterte urged Filipinos to remain vigilant amid terror attacks in Mindanao.

"As fellow Mindanaoans, I ask for your continued vigilance as we express essential measure for the safety of our people and for the restoration of public order in communities affected by terrorism," President Duterte said in his speech during the 50th founding anniversary of the Agusan del Norte province held at University of Cabadbaran.

The President underscored that the crisis in Marawi City is an ongoing battle of every citizen who wants prosperity and asked the public's cooperation in the fight against all forms of corruption and criminality.

"Do not allow other people, other tribes, with the foreign or radical extremists. Don’t let them enter... so that there won’t be any trouble. Assume a neutral stance," President Duterte said.

He mentioned that there must be "no fighting" between the tribes, saying: "we can all just live together peacefully, nobody’s fighting against you."

"Together, we will work relentlessly in overcoming these obstacles on our way to become a more inclusive and progressive society," the President added.

President Duterte also reminded the public to avoid terrorism and everyone to report any suspicious incidents to the policemen and military troops, while encouraging everyone that martial law during his administration is different this time.

"Basta iwasan (or huwag) ninyong papapasukin ang terrorismo, ireport niyo kaagad sa pulis kasi wala na akong pakialam sa pagpapatakbo ng pulis. Sa kanila na yan. Yung nakaranas ng martial law noong panahon ni Marcos, ano talaga 'yun. Ang akin, basta martial law, maniwala lang kayo, maglalakwatsa kayo at walang bawal," he said. (PND)


Other News

Palace closely monitoring situation on avian flu
  • August 20, 2017
MANILA, Aug. 20 -- Malacañan on Saturday, August 19, reassured the public that it is keeping a close watch on the developments in Nueva Ecija following reports of poultry deaths, urging the people to refrain from spreading fake news which may cause distress and panic. “We are closely monitoring the situation in Nueva Ecija following the confirmation of poultry deaths in the province yesterday by the Department of Agriculture (DA). We ask our people to remain calm yet vigilant and to refrain from spreading unverified information that may cause undue alarm and panic,” Presidential Spoke...Read more
DPWH resumes road repair in Metro Manila this weekend
  • August 20, 2017
MANILA, Aug. 20 -- The Department of Public Works and Highways – National Capital Region (DPWH-NCR) will take advantage of the long weekend to continue its road reblocking activities in 10 major thoroughfares in Metro Manila which began 11PM of Friday, 18 August 2017.   DPWH-NCR Director Melvin B. Navarro reported that road works will include major areas in Quezon City including second lane, northbound direction  of Epifanio delos Santos Avenue before North Avenue; second lane, southbound direction of A. Bonifacio Street between Del Monte Street after Binhagan Street; truck lane,...Read more
Mayor Beng reiterates: Avoid looking for jobs in risky areas
  • August 20, 2017
By Felipo David G. Malcampo ZAMBOANGA CITY, August 16 (PIA) – City Mayor Beng Climaco reiterated her warning to jobseekers to avoid looking for jobs in risky areas since there is plenty of employment opportunities in the city. “Please refrain from looking for work in risky areas because we have a lot of job opportunities in Zamboanga,” Mayor Climaco said during a press briefing Monday (August 14). Last month, four Zamboangueño laborers namely Jayson Vailoces, Joel Adanza, Felimon Guerrero, Jr. and Edmundo Ramos were abducted while doing construction and painting jobs in Sulu. L...Read more
DAR marks CARPER’s 8th Anniversary
  • August 20, 2017
By Alfonso T. Ruda   DIPOLOG CITY, August 16 (PIA)--- The Department of Agrarian of Agrarian Reform held a press conference with the local media in line with the department’s 8th CARPER Anniversary celebration.   According to DAR-Zamboanga del Norte PARPO II Mohammad Dassan Adju, the press conference was called to update the local media on the projects implemented by DAR in the province and to thank the media for their continuous support to its information dissemination campaign.   Adju said that apart from its regular project, presently DAR is implementing two (2) forei...Read more