MisOr stoppage order lifted

  • March 16, 2017

CAPITOL COMPOUND, Misamis Oriental, March 16 -- Misamis Oriental governor has lifted on March 16, 2017, the stoppage order he issued for tourists to temporarily refrain from visiting tourism sites in the province due to continuous engagements between the military and members of the New People s Army (NPA).

 

This, after the Philippine Army’s 58th Infantry ‘Dimalulupig’ Battalion of the 4th Infantry Division assured public that the province is relatively peaceful.

 

In his letter to Governor Yevgeny Vincente B. Emano, LtCol Francis P Carandang, 58th IB commander, said the peace and order situation in the province is stable and that the location where the latest skirmish that happened on February 27 to March 1 in the vicinities of Kaulayanan, Sugbongcogon and Bunal, Salay are far from the communities and the mountains where tourists do trekking adventures.

 

The rebels torched on March 6, 2017 a mini-tanker in Sitio, Solo, Barangay San Juan, Balingasag, but Carandang said it was an apparent effort (of the NPA) to divert our focus military operation. Carandang clarified that the intent of their continuous combat operations was to prevent the NPAs from launching terror attacks and extortion activities in the communities.

 

The purpose of our AFP-PNP joint security patrols and mobile checkpoints is to preempt the NPA s sabotage activities such as burning and arson. (But) as long as there is still NPA group, we can never say when they will conduct again their terroristic activities in the province. However, as your active partner in peace and development, the men and women of the 58th Infantry Battalion are always ready to serve and protect the people. We look forward for more collaboration with your office in the future, part of Carandang’s letter dated March 14, 2017, two weeks after Governor Emano issued stoppage order.

 

Meanwhile, the Police Provincial Office of the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Misamis Oriental issued on March 9, 2017, a Safe Travel Certification reassuring both foreign and local tourists of safety to visit tourism sites in the province.

 

The certification, requested by Governor Yevgeny Vincente B. Emano to assure public safety in tourism destinations of the province amid reports of gun battle between government forces and rebel soldiers belonging to the NPA, was signed by Police Senior Superintendent Manuel Sukarno Barton Alvarez, acting provincial director for PNP in Misamis Oriental.

 

Governor Emano prompted to issue stoppage order last week for tourists scheduled to visit tourist destinations in the mountainous areas in the province following reports of continuous combat operations by the military. (PIO MisOr)


Other News

2017 Palarong Pambansa opening soars to new heights
  • April 25, 2017
ANTIQUE, April 25 – The 60th Palarong Pambansa officially opened Sunday, April 23 at the Binayaran Sports Complex in San Jose de Buenavista, Antique. This year’s opening highlights featured cultural presentations, a grand parade and a fly-by and sky dive by the Philippine Air Force (PAF). Another high point of this year’s Palaro was the lighting of the cauldron, jointly done by former Southeast Asian Games Heptathlon Queen Elma Muros-Posadas, the first Palarong Pambansa ParangalLifetime Achievement Awardee; tennis standout and  Antique’s pride Marian Jade Capadocia; and 2017...Read more
DOLE ensures more regularized workers under DO 174
  • April 25, 2017
MANILA, April 25 -- The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has intensified its campaign against illegal forms of contracting and sub-contracting and assured the public that more workers will be regularized with the implementation of Department Order 174. Labor Undersecretary Joel B. Maglunsod made the statement following a dialogue with the Kilusang Mayo Uno (KMU) and other labor groups who picketed the DOLE offices in Manila. “The labor department is hearing your concerns. We also need your help. Let us all unite, continue fighting for your rights and report to us those compan...Read more
PNA launches new website, mobile app
  • April 25, 2017
QUEZON CITY, April 25 -- Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar on Monday, April 24, formally launched the redesigned website and mobile application of the Philippine News Agency (PNA). "During my recent visits to China, Malaysia, and Bahrain, I saw the cutting edge technology in the newsrooms of Xinhua News, Bernama, and Bahrain News Agency---the counterparts of PNA abroad. They have coped with the changing tides of the time and are setting the bar in technological advancement," Secretary Andanar said. The Presidential Communications Chief added that he was all the more i...Read more
CBSUA-Sentro ng Wika at Kultura hosts Pambansang Kumperensya sa Wika at Panitikang Bikol
  • April 25, 2017
PILI, Camarines Sur, Apr. 20 (PIA) -- National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) chairperson Virgilio Almario has urged stakeholders to take the lead in more undertakings for a deeper understanding and better appreciation of Bicol literature and propagation of such by prioritizing its usage in the daily course of our conversation.   Almario, who is also the chair of the Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino (KWF) and Pambansang Alagad ng Sining Tagapangulo, stressed during the recent Pambansang Kumperensiya sa Wika at Panitikang BIkol  at the Central Bicol State University of Agricul...Read more